Over the years I have tried and tested many different party games as Crazybron’s Children’s Entertainment on the children that attend my events, I find that the most effective games are the old fashioned faithful’s, like freeze, limbo, pass the parcel and musical bob, to follow are my favorites and how to play them.
- Have upbeat music at the ready, explain to the children that as the music starts they must dance to the beat
- When the music stops the children must stand still like statues.
- If a child moves they are out.
- To keep track of who is in and who is out I pretend I have a corporate box next to me where the children that are out can come and dance, the children enjoy the interaction and it allows you freedom to keep an eye on the game.
- The last person to move is the winner.</li>
2. LIMBO: A game can not get much simpler than limbo, all that is required is a pole of some description colorfully decorated and some festive music. Explain to the children that they must go under the pole without landing on their knees, they must bend their backs, widen their legs and shuffle under the pole. The child that gets the lowest is of course the winner.</li>
3. PASS THE BALLOON: An older style game that we played at parties as children, firstly ask the children to sit in a circle, I like to make it a challenge, if the children can make a circle and not a jellybean, egg or raindrop then I offer them a sticker for their efforts. When the music starts the children must pass the balloon in the chosen direction, when the music stops the child holding the balloon is out. The winner of the game is the last child left.
4. MUSICAL CARPET: Have some old carpet or cushions on hand, arrange them around the room, when the music starts have the children dance around the carpet / cushions, when the music stops each child sits down on a cushion or piece of carpet. The last child left sitting on a chair is the winner of the game.
5. MUSICAL BOB: This is another dancing game so have your upbeat music on hand. Explain to the kids that when the music starts they must dance to the beat, this means moving your feet as well. When the music stops have them bob down and touch the ground. (I find it works better when I show them what I mean, I then ask them to do it with me.) The last person to touch the ground in each round is out.
Stay Tuned for more awesome party games for kids